Friday, October 05, 2007

Evolution of Communication: From Email to Twitter and Beyond



This diagram leads a very provocative post by Alex Iskold from Read/Write Web (1) which reinforces my own prior point about Twitter versus Blogger. (2)



(1) http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/evolution_of_communication.php

(2)Thoughts Illustrated: A Brief Message - twitter vs blogger?


Amy Jussel commented to my Twitter post as follows:

"I actually appreciate Twitter's free form spontaneity, and can see how I might use it as almost a "Jott" style app to reach thought leaders under severe time crunches who seem to be living on the short form tools. (David's a case in point, eh?)

That said, your database filtering idea is a 'value-add' that would put it off the charts in my book...

To me, that would be the 'killer app' of relevance that would truly give Twitter the chops to be a 'collective knowledge depository' with value far beyond its current uses as mental floss....
The widget below may just be Amy's "killer app".









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can take the concept still further. Here is my take on Web 2.0 Personality Styles:

http://smoothspan.wordpress.com/2007/10/04/more-evidence-of-web-20-personality-types/

michaeljpastor said...

And I still haven't had a good chance to get to combining all of these with the Jungian personality types!

Tags

ShareThis

Ti panel